1. Chemical Name: Magnesium sulfate
2. Molecular Formula: MgSO4·7H2O , MgSO4
3. Molecular Weight: 246.47(Heptahydrate), 120.37(Anhydrous)
4. CAS: 10034-99-8(Heptahydrate), 7487-88-9(Anhydrous)
5. Character: It's colorless prismatic or needle-shaped crystal. It's odorless. It tastes cool, salty and bitter. Relative density is 2.65. It’s steady in damp air under 48℃. When it is in warm and hot air, it is easily effloresce. It is easily soluble in water (119.8%, 20℃) and glycerine, slightly soluble in ethanol. The aqueous solution is neutral.
6. Application: In food industry, it is used as nutritional supplement, solidification, the flavor increase, process helper, brew additive.It is used as nutritional supplement to improve ferment in brew and the improvement of the synthesizes drink taste (0.002%). It also can adjust the aqueous degree of hardness.
7. Packing: 25kgs paper bag or customized package.
8. Product parameter
|Specification||USP/BP/ Ph. Eur|
|pH of 5% solution||5.0-9.2|
|Acidity or alkalinity||Passes test|
|Insoluble matter in H2O||≤||0.025 %|
|Loss on drying at 450℃||≤||48.0-52.0 %|
|Phosphate (PO4)||≤||0.002 %|
|Residual solvents(Ph.Eur/USP)||Passes test|
|Heavy metals (as Pb)||≤||0.001%|